Get your day started right with this delicious smoothie recipe. It’s a great way to get fruit and protein into the most important meal of the day!
Health Benefits of Strawberries
Strawberries are a staple of summer. A Vermont tradition is to go berry picking at one of our many local farms. Not only are they juicy and delicious, they are full of good stuff. In addition to antioxidants, strawberries have many other nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that contribute to overall health. These include folate, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, and magnesium. They are also extremely high in vitamin C! Low in calories, they are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 1/4cupsunsweetened nut milk or water
- 1cupfrozen berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and/or strawberries
- 1/2cuplow-fat silken tofu or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1cupgreens (such as spinach or kale)
- Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu (or yogurt) and sugar (or Splenda), if using, in a blender; cover and blend until creamy. Serve immediately.
Get more recipes from the UVM Medical Center. View our Recipe Collection by clicking here.